Monday, April 12, 2010

Wawrinka wins Casablanca title for second career crown

Posted by muhammad imran


Swiss top seed Stanislas Wawrinka won his second career title on Sunday when he breezed past third seeded Romanian Victor Hanescu 6-2, 6-3 in the final of the Casablanca ATP claycourt tournament.

His 77-minute victory ended a run of five successive final defeats for the world number 23 whose first title also came on clay at the 2006 Croatia Open in Umag.

Victory in Casablanca also marked Wawrinka’s first title as a father, after he and wife, Ilham became parents to daughter, Alexia on February 12.

"I've lost five finals in a row and now finally I have the trophy in my hands," said Wawrinka.

"I felt great during the whole match and never allowed Victor to get into the game. I think this was my best match of the week.

"This is a great start to the claycourt season and I hope to continue like that. Now I look forward to next week in Monte Carlo where my wife and daughter will travel with me for the first time.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

home

Welcome

About Me

Life is an eternal quest about knowing oneself. It's time to challenge yourself, to rediscover your hidden traits, talents, and tendencies. Several inconvenient questions, which you have swept under the carpet, might resurface. Here is a collection of "about me" quotes. Each noted author has revealed her or his unique qualities. When you read these "about me" quotes, you will find the inspiration to ask yourself "Is that true about me?"

Followers

Featured Video

Sample Text

You are Visitor No:

Advertisement

pakeran

ALL PAKISTAN NEWZ 24 ours UP DATE AND MANY MANY MORE